Our third Leaders Brief session in late-July will be a great opportunity to hear about Awais’ career journey to date, his route into becoming a professor in cyber, and his background in cyber research.
About Awais Rashid:
- Awais Rashid is Professor of Cyber Security at University of Bristol where he heads the Cyber Security Group
- He is editor-in-chief and principal investigator for CyBOK and Director of the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Trust, Identity, Privacy and Security in Large-Scale Infrastructures
- He is also Director of the National Research Centre on Privacy, Harm Reduction and Adversarial Influence Online (REPHRAIN)
- His research interests are focussed in security of cyber-physical systems, software security and human factors
- He leads projects as part of the UK Research Institute on Trustworthy Interconnected Cyber-Physical Systems (RITICS), UK Research Institute on Sociotechnical Cyber Security (RISCS), the Digital Security by Design Hub+ (Discribe) and the PETRAS National Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security of IoT
The event will take place as a virtual Q&A from 1-2pm on the 26th July, with attendees encouraged to put forward questions to Awais surrounding his background, the cyber sector and his route into the industry.
To register for the event, please click the Hopin link on this page.